Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New you...not


For years, January has brought out the slogan "New Year, New You" at work, but not this year.  This year the signs bear the sentiment "A Fresh Start".  Hmmm.....What's that supposed to mean?  That sounds more like a do-over as the kids would say.

 But aren't the new year's resolutions designed to make a new, better me?  I like new things, not refurbished things.  Although refurbished things are usually cheaper.  And they usually work just as well.  Some even come with good warranties.  Is this a marketing ploy due to the recent economic depression?  Oh, yea, there wasn't really a depression, it just felt like it

. I admit I get confused sometimes.  The media and politicians often don't seem to live in the same world I live in.  That must be my problem as everyone knows television reflects reality today.  Yes, all those reality programs must be the way the rest of the world lives.  I'm just here in the Ozark hills living like....oh ....the people in Winter's Bone.  Is that my reality?  Well, no....not really...not even close.

 As confused as I am with how I'm "supposed" to be, no wonder I need a "fresh start".  I need so much work, it would be almost impossible to create a "new" better me.  So you all will have to settle for the "slightly used" version.  And if that's the case, then I can save myself the trauma of having to come up with any new year's resolutions that I won't keep.  I'll just be me for 2011....the same old me....take it or leave it....Now that's a Fresh Start.

P.S.  Like my picture for 2011?  I want to thank Robert, for that.  It's his family with real sparklers on new year's eve....no photoshop tricks.  Awesome, don't you think?

1 comment:

Barb said...

I will take the old you if you do the same for me....love your 2011 .....